Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Scones
These sweet scones can be the perfect treat for a holiday party or a unique recipe to share as a gift. With simple instructions and only 30 minutes combined prep and cooking time, they appear and taste far more complex than they are. So break out your baking gear and get ready to enjoy these sweet, seasonal scones!
- 2 cups cake flour (9 oz.) or whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¾ stick/6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and frozen for ½ hour
step 3 Gently pat the dough out on a floured surface into a 8-inch diameter circle approximately ¾-inch thick. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place each on the baking sheet leaving a few inches between.