Tomato Soup/Sopa de Tomate
Here is a real easy side dish anyone can make. It’s almost as easy as making macaroni & cheese and I thing just as good. All my grandkids love it and I’m sure your kids will too. It can be made as a single dish for snack time or for lunch also. I just made some last night and had leftovers for today! It goes really far and is really cheap to make. It is made from pasta so you can use about any of your favorite pastas that you like. I myself like to use the pastas from the Mexican food section. They have a lot of different shapes to choose from and for an 8 oz. bag it usually runs around $ .50!
Here’s the recipe and once again if you try it please let me know how you liked it in my comments.
Leslie La Gringa
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. powder tomato bouillon
- 2-3 leaves herb llerva buena
- 1/2 med. onion
- 1 qrt. water
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. pasta
- Add oil to non-stick skillet adding pasta & onion.
- Frying mixture until pasta is a golden look or until some shells turn brown.
- Add rest of ingredients stirring evenly, cover, cook to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, remove cover and cook until desired tenderness.
- Hint: You can garnish with chopped fresh onion, jalapeño, or even bacon bits!