Ever make a big pot of Pintos and didn’t know what to do with the leftovers? Well never fear I have a solution for that. Myself I always make enough Pintos to have a pot in my fridge to last 3-4 days. We eat Pintos almost everyday just like they do in Mexico.
This is a fast, easy cheap, and nutritious snack. Most people have leftover beans and right there is like an almost free snack. Just add other things you have in the fridge. I like mine really hot but it can actually be ate cold or hot.
- leftover pintos
- baby onions-chopped
- sour cream
- Tia Lavoria’s Salsa
- queso fresco-crumbled
- Put beans in long or wide dish
- Heat pintos until your liking
- When removing beans stir to even heat
- spread beans on tostada
- add chopped onions, crumbled cheese, and sour cream
- sprinkle chopped jalapeno on top (if you can handle it)
I like to let mine sit a few minutes and the tostada gets soft…mmmmm.