Cold Weather Mexican Food
Chuletas con Arroz
This fast and easy dinner is great for any mom on a tight budget and schedule. Also it’s a great warm you up dish for these cold windy days we’ve been having. Prep time is a maximum of 30 minutes, half the time if you already have left over rice in the fridge. A lot of times I’ll make extra rice to do me for up to 3 days just for that reason. Just add a tbsp. or 2 of water and cover, throw in microwave for two minutes and it’s ready.
As always I hope you try this and enjoy it, leave me a comment on your results. I always enjoy hearing from you!
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. of oil
- 1 lg. clove of garlic sliced
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1-2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 c. broccoli sprouts cut apart
- 1-2 lbs. pork chops
- This can be done with whole pork chops, but I cut mine into cubes.
- Add oil, garlic, onions, turmeric, salt, & pork chops to non-stick skillet.
- Cook covered on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes add your broccoli and oregano.
- Cook until desired tenderness.
- Drain oil
Serve with Mexican Red Rice, re-fried beans, one of Tia Lavoria’s Salsas, and tortillas.