Albondigas – Mexican Meatballs
Make these for your next brunch date for a guaranteed hit! Your guests will think you are a genius. Also great for after school snacks after they are done just wrap in aluminum foil and freeze. When you’re ready to eat them just drop them into almost boiling water in a pot for 1-2 minutes!
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2/1 tsp. salt
- 2/1 tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg
- 1 c. crackers/bread crumbs (if you don’t have neither use crushed cornflakes)
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2 sm. onions (1 diced)
- 2 c. egg noodles
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- Cook by boiling water your roma tomatoes until done
- While this is going on mix 1/2 of your salt & oregano with egg, crackers, onion, sausage & beef.
- Mix it all well & evenly with your hands, roll into balls.
- When tomatoes are done add to blender with 1/4 of a small onion, turmeric, salt, & basil, blended until pureed.
- Pour tomato sauce into large pot, adding meatballs into sauce also.
- Cook on medium heat covered stirring occasionally so as not to stick.
- After about 20 minutes add noodles, cook until desired tenderness.
Serve with one of our other recipes like Mexican red rice.